Becoming a PINK Rep


We had the best time ever at brand training in Columbus, Ohio!
     Most girls no matter what age have one love in common: the love of PINK! Not just any PINK but the most amazing type of PINK to ever exist… Victoria’s Secret PINK! I waited for what seemed like ever until the day I was deemed old enough to go into the PINK store here in Louisiana and buy my first items. PINK is a truly amazing brand that makes every girl feel comfortable in their own skin and helps us find the beauty in being young, energetic, and able to conquer the world! It didn’t help that as a little girl if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would simply reply, “Tyra Banks”. Unfortunately, I grew up a few feet short of being Tyra but I did make my way into the Victoria’s Secret world.

Photos of my co-rep Skylar and I from the VS PINK website!
  Last Spring Victoria’s Secret PINK announced that they were searching for their 2016-2017 Campus Representatives. They choose two girls as PINK Brand Ambassadors for each cooperating university. I had already had the pleasure of working with the current PINK campus reps from Louisiana State University, Brittany and Skylar. Brittany and I bonded at work over our obsession with Victoria’s Secret and love for LSU. She told me about every event her and Skylar were holding throughout the semester. It always sounded like a lot of fun to me and I loved talking to her about it! Once the application period began Brittany would not let me pass up applying! Skylar was right behind her saying you have got to try! I was only thinking about joining the campus team in order to be apart of the events they held on campus initially. However, after going back and forth with myself (basically terrified to apply) I went for it! The application process was super simple and straight to the point! They were more curious in finding out what your interests were and what you’re engaged in on campus! The hardest part of the application process was the video! Yes, you had to record yourself! Needless to say, I WAS TERRIFIED. We had to introduce ourselves and then answer two questions: 1.) What is your favorite PINK experience? 2.) Why do you think you would make the ultimate PINK Rep? Not that bad right? Yea, I thought so too…until I actually tried to film myself without going over a minute! You’d never guess how many times I forgot my own name. After about one hundred takes, I finally got a video I was satisfied with and I submitted my application. A few more weeks after completing the whole interview process I received an email stating that I had been chosen as one of the LSU Campus Reps for the 2016-17 school year. After crying my eyes out, I pulled it together and called all of my friends and family to tell them the great news!

After we graduated brand training! [99 problems, but a PINK Degree ain't one!]
      Since then, I have been to brand training in Columbus, Ohio (courtesy of PINK), met PINK model Rachel Hilbert (who is absolutely gorgeous), and had an amazing first semester as a Campus Rep. The PINK Team is absolutely amazing! They shower us with greatly appreciated goodies and freebies for all of our hard work. They even ask us for our feedback on some of the newest additions to the PINK brand! That has to be one of my favorite parts about being a campus rep! Being able to help the departments whether it's bras, active, or lounge pick what we as college girls love best is awesome! It's great to see something that the other reps and myself told them we love hit the stores! If anyone was to ask me if being a campus rep is fun I'd tell them it's the most amazing job I've ever had! I love everything about it. Sometimes it's tremendous work and takes lots of planning and dedication but, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world! If you or a friend is interested in becoming a campus rep at your college visit: https://pink.victoriassecret.com and click the "Campus Reps" tab! Trust me, you won't regret it!

xo,
Jae

No comments :

Post a Comment