Pho Date at Viet Garden

      My mother is getting over a cold and we were starving. Being the self proclaimed doctor I am, I decided that the only thing that would help her feel better was a piping hot bowl of soup. Not just any soup but a bowl of Pho! I am in love with Pho so this would be a win win situation for the both of us! We weren't really in the mood for an imitation of this heaven sent meal and wanted the real thing. The only place we had been together was on the other side of town by LSU's campus. Since she was sick I didn't think it'd be nice of me to drag her way across town. After five minutes of googling I found a gem called "Viet Garden" that was under 10 minutes from my house. I was sold. 

Jasmine Tea + Our soup fixings
[Bean Sprouts, Basil, Jalapeños and Limes]

 It wasn't really busy when we got there but the service was amazing. We were helped by two younger guys named Miko and Tommy. We let them know that we were pretty low maintenance and would let them know if we needed anything once we had ordered. While we ate our lunch they did the same. It made us feel right at home while we all were chowing down watching Flip or Flop on HGTV. The guys were great and super fun. They didn't even make me feel to bad when I ran back in for my forgotten to-go order! 

Pho Tai Bo Vien + Shrimp from Viet Garden

     I order an extra large beef meatball and steak pho with added shrimp. IT WAS AMAZING! I was afraid of trying out a new restaurant for a favorite but the risk was well worth it! The cilantro and onions on top of my add ins made for the perfect bowl. After adding my soy sauce and Sriracha I was ready to dig in. Miko was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to eat much but after passing back by the table and seeing the me with the bowl up to my face I'm sure that changed. I can't wait to go back!


      If you guys are into good food and great service give Miko and Tommy at Viet Garden a visit!

xo, 
Jae


No comments :

Post a Comment